missreader

Miss Reader

Wild Mountain Thyme by Rosamunde Pilcher

Wild Mountain Thyme - Rosamunde Pilcher

My second Rosamunde Pilcher book. Wild Mountain Thyme was better than Snow In April but not by much.

The story was a little less boring.  Victoria's old boyfriend, Oliver, unexpectedly shows up on her doorstep with a kid. Victoria still harbors some feelings for him so she agrees to go along with him and the kid on a trip to Scotland, which isn't a smart choice since Oliver is a selfish prick. Plus, he stole the kid. It's his child, but it was still kidnapping. That's why he wants to get away. Honestly, what does Victoria see in him?

Luckily before all this happened, Victoria meets this other guy, a nice, handsome, rich (basically perfect) man named John. John seems like he will be an important character so of course I hoped Victoria ended up with him. She does to no surprise, but it happens at the very end on the last pages when their relationship finally starts to kick off and get interesting.

Most of the story has Victoria with Oliver. And like I said before Oliver is a jerk, but out of the cast of characters, he was the most memorable out of the bunch. Everybody else was bland.

I found Victoria to be the same as the heroine from Snow in April. They're both helpless and passive. John is flat too. He's just the good guy that rescues Victoria. He takes charge after Oliver leaves and instantly solves all of Victoria's problems.

Wild Mountain Thyme is a cozy novel to past the time, but it's nothing special. It's also somewhat slow so some patience might be required to read it.