missreader

The Glass Dragon - Irene Radford

Originally published: 1994

Pages: 350

First Sentence:

"The only way to catch dragons is to hunt 'em when they're young."

I almost didn't finish this, but I managed to push myself through.

Ugh. It was bad. The magic in the book was wishy-washy. It was vague and wasn't explained well. There was some mumbo-jumbo about the sources of magic like the dragons and some other methods, but it confusing and boring.

The characters were plain and didn't have much personality so I was quickly bored of them. The romance between the main trio seemed forced and weird since all three fell in love with each other at first sight. Yeah, that's right a threesome. I don't have a problem with that kind of thing, but it was so poorly put together and didn't add anything to the book. The characters suddenly even had sex at one point for some reason, something about magic and flying dragons.

There was also a lot of talk about sexual urges which was weird and off-putting. Supposedly magicians (men, because women can't be magicians) can't have sex until a certain age or else they lose their magic. What.

Into the donation bag it goes!

Recommendation: Skip it. Not worth your time.

Some interesting words from the book I had to look up: widdershinstusker, garrulous, scion, querulous, compunction, gravid, chit, feckless, kirtle