missreader

Miss Reader

Status Update: Overcoming the Reading Slump

Cold Nights, Hot Bodies - Lily Harlem Kiss Me If You Can - Carly Phillips Chase the Dawn - Jane Feather

I've been in a bit of reading slump lately. These are books I gave up on. It bothers me to do this, yet I don't want to be forcing myself to finish books that I'm not interested in. What would be the point if I'm not enjoying it? I want to spend my time better than that.

Cold Nights, Hot Bodies and Kiss Me If You Can I am definitely skipping. Chase the Dawn while having some unfavorable reviews on Goodreads, I'm thinking I'll still keep it and return to it later for a second chance. It takes place during the American Revolution and that's one of my favorite time periods. I didn't even get that far in Chase the Dawn anyway, not even close to a hundred pages.

I almost gave up on Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, but as I was writing this post, I changed my mind. I decided to keep going, but this time I download an ebook version of it, and it's making it a little easier to get through.

So right now in addition to reading Pride and Prejudice, I'm also reading Wild Mountain Thyme by Rosamunde Pilcher. Wild Mountain Thyme has been holding my attention really well. I also put Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas on my currently reading, because I plan on getting to that next. If finishing Wild Mountain Thyme and Pride and Prejudice doesn't pull me out of the slump, then Scandal in Spring definitely should. I've been enjoying the Wallflowers series very much.