missreader

Miss Reader

SPOILER ALERT!

Breath of Fire

Breath of Fire - Tammy Kane

I thought the story was pretty good around the first 100 pages or so, but after that my interest slowly started to wane. Specifically, I think it started to go downhill once Karl made it to Verteva and met up with Elera.

My biggest problem with the book was that I couldn't get into Karl and Elera's relationsip. Their romance didn't draw me in. I liked how Karl is scholar, because somehow, I find that sexy. However, I thought Elera could have been more stronger and aggressive. I had the impression that she was going to be a kickass warrior or something of that sort, but that is not the case. Even though he is a virgin at the beginning of the book, Karl is basically the alpha male and takes control for the most part. In my opinion, it would have been neat if Elera was bolder. It would have made her and Karl's relationship a little bit more interesting.

As for the fantasy element of the story, it was okay. Nothing outstanding. The dragons were kind of boring and had no personalities. They were just there.

The overall conflict was lacking too. Ronin wasn't a very good antagonist. He just wasn't very threatening. It also didn't help that he only showed up a few times in the story. He barely had a presence.