missreader

Miss Reader

SPOILER ALERT!

Undead and Undermined (Betsy Taylor Series #10)

Undead and Undermined - MaryJanice Davidson

This book is a mess. Most of it was just useless banter between the characters. They couldn't shut up and listen to each other for even one second. Hence, nothing important got done. It was just pointless stuff until the last fifty or so pages when something of actual importance happened. One character was brought back to life, and one character was killed off, but you know what? I couldn't care about them in the end, because everyone just came off as annoying and didn't do anything. When Marc died (might as well just spoil it), I was like so what? I didn't even feel sad for him. The Marc vs. Marc Thing was handled poorly and just made whole timeline thing confusing and screwy. I can't even feel sorry for Betsy when her friend died. She's getting dumber with each book, and at the end, when it shows some signs that she might be turning into the evil Betsy, I found it senseless. I mean, now she cares? Now she wants to do something about this debacle. Please.

On a positive note, I'm starting to like the new covers. They're stylish, and I guess I'm a sucker for the shade of pink that's used on Undead and Undermined. I only hated the new style before, because it's annoying when they change it in the middle of a series. But in the end, it doesn't matter to me, because I'm not buying these books anyway. I'm just checking them out of the library.