missreader

Miss Reader

Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead Series #1)

Married With Zombies - Jesse Petersen

I thought this was an amusing book, but I had to rate it two stars instead of three, because there were problems that I couldn't ignore. For one, it got repetitive. Sarah and David drive to someplace. They get attacked by zombies. Drive. Attacked by zombies. Drive. Attacked. That's all it is really. I got tired of reading about how a zombie or hoard of them would pop out nowhere and the characters would have to fight them off.

We also don't really get a good sense who the main characters are. For instance, we don't know specifically why Sarah and David were attending marriage counseling. All we know is that they were having problems and weren't getting along with each other. As individuals, Sarah and David are flat characters too. David plays the role of the bum husband while Sarah plays as the overbearing wife. Sarah is also the narrator the book, which I didn't like. She doesn't have a personality other than just trying to be snarky and full of quips.

Despite these problems, I didn't feel like I wasted my time reading this book. I do plan on reading book 2, just not anytime soon. I'm a little disappointed, though. The concept of Married with Zombies is awesome, and it had the potential to be a fantastic read if only it was done better.