missreader

Miss Reader

French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1)

French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1) - Lacey Alexander

Too many sex scenes and not enough plot. I started skimming 2/3 of the way through, because I was getting bored of the sex.They were incredibly hot. I can't deny that. But usually they were too long.

The romance between Liz and Jack was okay, but it was mainly sexual hence the great number of sex scenes. I admit I like stories that focus only on the naughty stuff, but this one felt like it concentrated too much on it. I think this book would have been better if some of the sex scenes were taken out or perhaps just shorten a bit. I think I also would like to have seen some emotional bonding between Jack and Liz.

There was a minor plot with Liz's ex, but he didn't come across as a true threat so that part felt like a waste of space.

I liked how Liz was exploring her sexuality and was willing to try new things like threesomes, because wowza, that was hot. And I liked how this takes place in New Orleans. I don't think I've read any books taking place in that city so that's something new for me.