missreader

Miss Reader

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure 2

Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 2 - Shigekatsu Ihara

Volume 2 continues Hareta and Mitsumi's adventure, and this installment mainly focuses on them meeting Cyrus, the leader of Team Galactic, and finding out what Team Galactic's mission is. And let me say Cyrus is one freaky dude. He wants to destroy the world to create a better one and become god of it, and he doesn't care if it costs tens of thousands of lives (He only mentions Pokemon lives, but I'm assuming he doesn't care for human lives either). That's pretty dark for a kid's comic.

With that said, this isn't a serious work. There is plenty of humor throughout the story even during grim moments. There is this one running gag of a Galactic grunt having a jiggly butt. Yes, a jiggly butt. It's kiddy humor, but hey, this is aimed at kids, and I admit that I find this joke pretty funny.

We get to see Cynthia and Riley. Yay. I think they have the coolest character designs in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

I think my biggest problem with this series is going to be Hareta. Why oh why did they have to make the main character an annoying, spunky kid? He got on my nerves. I hate the way he's unstoppable and constantly upbeat and how he's always spouting that Pokemon are our friends and junk. Younger readers won't mind it, but for an older Pokemon fan like me, it's overkill.

Favorite Quote:

I want to create an ideal new world. A world where there is no more fighting and where everyone can live smiling.

For the sake of that new world...

...For me to become a god...

...The sacrifice of thousands, even tens of thousands, of Pokémon means nothing!

—Cyrus