missreader

Miss Reader

The Shy Bride (Harlequin Presents)

The Shy Bride - Lucy Monroe

A cute romance. There's not a lot of drama or conflict in this one, but I didn't mind. I was in a mood for something fluffy. I liked how Neo, the main male character, strongly values his friendship with Cass. That was nice to see. I also found it intriguing that Cass is agoraphobic. I don't know if agoraphobia is presented accurately here, but I thought it was good twist to her character. I also liked that Cass isn't completely helpless and shy around Neo. She's actually quite blunt with him at times, which can be pretty funny. For instance, she says to him "Sucks to be you" at one point. Ha.

There were also some cute moments like when they go piano shopping together and when Cass tells Neo that she had never been kissed before, and Neo kisses Cass again to give her a more meaningful, special kiss than their previous one, which was more on the whim.

Sometimes the interactions between Neo and Cass seem a little stiff, but I thought maybe it was due to having these two awkward characters.

Overall, I just gotta say I enjoyed this book.

4 out of 5

Favorite Quote:

"What?" He grabbed her shoulders and made her meet his eyes by sheer force of will. When her amber gaze was looking into his, he said, "You are precious, but are you saying this morning was your first kiss?"

"Well, actually, um...yes."

Oh, hell, didn't his libido just love that? "I wish I'd known."

"Why?"

"I would have made it special."

"It felt pretty special to me."

"It could have been better."

"How?"

"It's not something I can explain with words."

"Novelists do."

"I'm a businessman, not a writer. I'll have to show you."

"Here?" she squeaked.

"Yes." He covered her lips with his before she could get another query out.