missreader

Miss Reader

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure, Volume 6 (Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Adventure!)

Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 6 - Shigekatsu Ihara

This volume moves on to a different arc. Now we're in a tournament, and Cynthia and Mitsumi are the first ones up. At first I thought it was going be exciting, because Cynthia and Mitsumi are really strong trainers, but Mitsumi drops out of the battle when she sees Hareta jumping into a battle in the stands with another trainer. She drops out, because she thinks it would be more fun to watch the tournament than to take part. Yeah... I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. It's just an excuse to have the spotlight shift back to Hareta.

Despite that, the rest of the Pokemon battles are entertaining. They were well drawn too.

Flint, one of Sinnoh's elite four, makes an appearance in the tournament, and he is an awesome character. I liked his groovy style, and I loved seeing his Rapidash fight.

I also liked Koya. He's the trainer that Hareta picks a fight with in the grandstands, and I liked how he doesn't go easy on Hareta in the tournament.

As for Hareta...he is still a bonehead. This manga would have been a lot better if it had a more sensible hero.

Also note that even though Giratina is on the cover, it does not make an appearance in this volume.

3 out of 5

Favorite Quote:

I always love seeing a Pokemon evolve. It reminds me how we all grow, getting stronger and transforming into more beautiful versions of ourselves.
—Professor Rowan