missreader

Miss Reader

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Volume 8 (Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Adventure!)

Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 8 - Shigekatsu Ihara

It starts out strong, but towards the end, I wasn't into it. For one, the final battle with Giratina was handled way too easily. I didn't like how Hareta has this special connection to Giratina and can understand its feelings. Kinda ridiculous. The ending is also way too happy and open.

This is the last volume so here are my thoughts on the series as a whole. I would have to say these books are an ok read. The story is weak, and it mostly follows the storyline in the games. The characters are flat. Hareta, the main character, is too much of an idiot for my liking. I liked Mitsumi though. She's the only character that we got to know much of. Too bad she's treated as a secondary character. I would have liked to have seen her be the hero instead of Hareta. On the upside, the art is pretty good. The Pokemon are drawn well, and the fighting scenes are energetic. I think what saved me from giving up the series was the humor. Some of the volumes have funny jokes and gave me a good chuckle.

I wouldn't recommend this to older Pokemon fans since there isn't a lot of substance here. Younger fans who are new to manga might like this.