missreader

Miss Reader

Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Harlequin Large Print Presents)

Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress  - Lucy Monroe

I enjoyed reading this book, but I wasn't in love with it. What I liked about it the best was the interaction between Grace and Amir, because they get along very well and seem like very good friends. There's that playfulness between them that I liked seeing.

I wasn't crazy about their romance though. What really stuck out to me was Grace getting a makeover, because the makeover was little extreme. She had to get makeup advice from a stylist, got her hair staighten out, got a whole new wardrobe... just really the whole shebang, and I just wasn't into it. It felt like Grace had to beautify herself in order to have Amir and complete the story. In my opinion, it would have been nicer if Grace didn't have a makeover or if anything, just a light one to freshen her up, because it would have made the romance stronger and show that Amir does truly love Grace for the person she is. The way she was so beautiful in the end felt... too convenient, I guess? Bah.