missreader

Miss Reader

Good Cop, Bad Cop

Good Cop, Bad Cop - Lily Harlem,  Natalie Dae

Source: Freebie for the Kindle (ASIN: B0095WD3KI).

Reading Challenges: Erotic Enchants’s Read, Rate, and Review Event; Men in Uniform; Why Buy the Cow?

My Thoughts: Enjoyable read. The story and suspense engaged me more than the characters. The chemistry between India, Dillon, and Jose just wasn’t quite there for me.

Dillon has a short temper. He plays the bad cop, but wow is he a cranky guy. I don’t know how India managed to talk to him, because he seemed so mean and angry all the time. Luckily, he doesn’t ever act nasty and does softens up a bit towards India so I ended up liking him well enough, but he has a rough personality.

Jose… I liked him too. Being the nice cop, he was nice and sweet to India. I did feel for him when I learned about his past. Talk about traumatic.

India was a cool gal. I thought it was weird how her point of view was told in first person while for Dillon and Jose it was third person. I think it would have been better to have her part told in third person too just so it was consistent.

I think I mainly wasn’t convinced by the attraction between these three people, because it sorta just happened. The writing to me didn’t do a good enough job showcasing the lust or desire between the characters. I thought there was going to be some major sexual tension since India, Dillon, and Jose were stuck on a small boat, but the writing never really went there.