missreader

Miss Reader

Mistress For A Month Three Rich Men (Harlequin Presents)

Mistress For A Month   Three Rich Men (Harlequin Presents) - Miranda Lee

Source: Library.

My Thoughts: I've realized by now that Harlequin Presents books depend heavily on stereotypes and certain tropes. Duh right. But you know what? I don't mind it. I enjoy reading these types of stories when I'm in the mood for it. And even though these stories are similar across the board, I find my reading experiences differ with each one due to how each author handles their plot and characters.

But anyway, back to Mistress for a Month... it's one of the better Harlequin Presents I've read. The poker bet was funny, because Rico, the rich Italian playboy, writes down exactly in his bet that Renee will be his mistress for a month. Ha wow. Very forward.

I liked Rico even though he was too aggressive at some points. Particularly I didn't like it when he shouted at Renee. Good thing this was told from his point of view so you know what's going on in his mind. I wouldn't have been as sympathetic for him if it wasn't like that.

Interestingly you never get Renee's point of view, but you do get to learn about about her and her past towards the end. I enjoyed how she was sarcastic and abrasive towards Rico. Together they had good chemistry.

This is book 2 in the Three Rich Men series. I haven't read book 1 or book 3, but those will be on my to-read list. I thought this book stood well on its own.