missreader

Miss Reader

SPOILER ALERT!

Yellowstone Heart Song (Yellowstone Romance, #1)

Yellowstone Heart Song (Yellowstone Romance, #1) - Peggy L. Henderson

Source: Borrowed on the Kindle.

My Thoughts: I'm starting to realize that I'm not fond of time travel in my romances. For me, it makes the romance unbelievable and over the top. I can deal with aliens, robots, shape-shifters, vampires, ghosts, etc. etc., but time traveling and falling in love with a person from a different century? That's crazy. For instance at the end of this book, Aimee ends up staying with Daniel in his time period. Yay for her for being happy with the love of her life, but there was something sad about her having to go live in the past. I don't know why, but it didn't sit well for me. Maybe because if you think about it, she's technically dead at the end of the book, especially since the epilogue has Aimee's friend in the present reading the journal Aimee left behind. Also, it was weird how one of Aimee and Daniel's descendents was hitting on Aimee's friend.

It was a nice story though. I liked one subtle point that was brought up about how humans have become detached from the wildness as time progressed. In the past we were living in nature, but today we take vacations and go on hikes to see nature.

I gotta point out that Aimee was a dummy at times for not listening to Daniel's orders during dangerous moments. That was frustrating. Daniel was also annoying by being so stubborn towards the end and not even remembering that Aimee said that she loved him.