missreader

Miss Reader

Married by Morning (Hathaway Series #5)

Married By Morning - Lisa Kleypas

Not as great as the other books in the series, but I still loved it. This one felt different from the other novels (it was noticeably shorter), but I guess that's due to Leo and Catherine's characters and relationship being built over the past books. I definitely recommend reading books 1-3 since you see Leo bring himself up from his dark habits.

I enjoyed the troubles with Catherine's spectacles. They kept falling off her face. They fogged up. Leo enjoyed taking them off her face when things were getting hot... Yay for heroines with glasses! (I wear glasses. :P)

Leo... I liked him. I thought he was weirdly aggressive at times though like when he rushed to Catherine and washed the dye out from her hair. There was lots of wrist-grabbing too. I wished those moments were written a little better.

We finally find out about Catherine's past. It wasn't terribly surprising, but I felt a lot of sympathy for her. I completely understand the freakout she had when she saw Lord Latimer.

Favorite heroes in Hathaway series (so far):
1. Cam
2. Harry
3. Leo
4. Merripen

Source: Bought at Barnes and Noble.

Favorite quote:

"Sleep," she heard him whisper. "And if you have any more nightmares...I'll kiss them all away.”