missreader

Miss Reader

SPOILER ALERT!

Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, Book 4)

Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood - Ann Brashares

Source: My own copy, which will be donated after this.

Review: Didn't like it. Out of the whole series, I would have to say only the first book is worth reading. Even though I only gave that two stars, it was mildly enjoyable. The rest are just mainly filled with recycled material, and the characters don't seem to have learn anything from their previous summers. Forever in Blue particularly focuses on the characters and their transition into adulthood. They're all going to college and going their separate ways. What I didn't like is that the author focuses heavily on boyfriends! and sex!, because apparently that's what becoming an adult is all about. I just find that tiring. I'm someone who is about to graduate college and having a boyfriend or sex is near the bottom of the list for now, because I've got more important things to worry about like getting good grades and figuring out what to do with my life. I don't have time for relationships.

Whether or not the author chose purposely to focus on sex and relationships in this book, the storyline presented in this book is just bad either way. (I have to be honest and say beforehand that I skimmed through the majority of the book, because I didn't want to waste more anytime on this series than I have to so I might be off on some things.) Bridget flirts with a man who she knows is married. (What the heck?) Lena is still not completely over Kostos. (Still!?) And Tibby has a pregnancy scare and isn't sure whether she loves Brian or something. (Oh come on.) Carmen is the only one not worrying about a boyfriend, but she's so out of character in this book. She's supposed to be hot-tempered and able to stand up for herself, but suddenly she's not? I don't buy that.