missreader

Miss Reader

SPOILER ALERT!

The Cat Who Dropped a Bombshell by Lilian Jackson Braun

The Cat Who Dropped a Bombshell (Cat Who..., #28) - Lilian Jackson Braun

The residents of Pickax are about to celebrate the 150th anniversary of its founding. But in the midst of all the preparations, Qwill has to take time out to deal with Koko's strange new habit of dropping from balconies and landing in the oddest of places-and a couple that has mysteriously gone missing. --Amazon.com

I don't know what to say anymore.

Again the plot is thin and poorly constructed.

The Pickax 150th anniversary celebrations sounded fun at first since they were talking about parades, but then you don't really get to see the parades or much of anything else. I can barely remember what happened, because a whole lot of nothing happened.

The mystery was odd, a mess really. Unlike the last book, this one at least had some sort of resolution. The book was so boring though that I would not call this a worthwhile payoff.

It was odd how Qwill kept questioning Koko's ability in almost chapter. Also, I thought by now he would believe that Koko is psychic. I thought he did. In past books he seemed to have accepted it.

Spoiler:

Homer and Liz die in this book, which was sad. I was more upset about Liz since her death was so pointless. It had nothing to do with the mystery or moving the plot along. She just dies due to a car accident on a bridge, and the characters don't seem to care. You don't even get to see her boyfriend, Derek react to it.

(show spoiler)

Just bad writing.

One more book to go. I'm sure it's going to be bad, but I'm curious.

Rating: 1 out of 5