missreader

Miss Reader

My Top Ten of 2013

Good-bye 2013 and hello to 2014! I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year. :)

Here's a list of my top ten reads in 2013 (not in any particular order).

1. Not His Kiss to Take

m/m erotic romance

review - 5 stars

Lots of sex and involves some kinky medical stuff yet it's passionate and emotional. I liked Evan and how he struggled with himself overstepping the boundaries of his position as a doctor. It's also free!

2. Tempt Me At Twilight

Married by Morning

Love in the Afternoon

review - 5 stars

I finished the Hathaway series. It's what introduced me to Lisa Kleypas, and it's definitely one of my favorites.

3. Again The Magic

Secrets of a Summer Night

review - 5 stars

One of my goals for 2014 is to finish Kleypas's Wallflowers series. I haven't gotten to it, because I'm missing some of the books. Grrr...

4. Special Forces: Soldiers (Director's Cut)

m/m erotic romance

review - 5 stars

This is described as an "epic work of military gay erotic fiction." Epic is right. Reading this was definitely an experience in itself. When I finished it, the story stuck with me for a few days. You can download it for free from Aleksandr Voinov's site.

5. Suddenly You

review - 4.5 stars

Last Kleypas book on the list, I promise. :) It starts out with a woman trying to buy a male prostitute for her birthday so she can lose her virginity. How can that not be intriguing? Also the romance is between a novelist and a publisher. I thought that was unique.

6. Guilty Pleasures

erotica

review - 5 stars

This book is a guilty pleasure heh heh heh. Somehow Kitty Thomas can make dark stuff sexy.

7. Comfort Food

erotica

review - 5 stars

Again, another dark book by Kitty Thomas. I would say Comfort Food is more messed up than Guilty Pleasures since the main character undergoes severe psychological trauma. The ending is so wrong, but I liked it.

8. Tender Is The Storm

review - 4 stars

Old school romance. The twist really made the book for me.

9. Frankenstein

horror

review - 4 stars

I first read it in high school years ago. After rereading, I have a better understanding and appreciation for it. I even placed it as one of my favorites.

10. Measure of Devotion

m/m romance

review - 4 stars

I need to get the sequel for this since it doesn't end in a happily ever after. Another goal for 2014.