missreader

Miss Reader

New books and weekend reading

The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister #1) - Courtney Milan Guilty Pleasures - Kitty Thomas

I got two books over the last week. Both are ebooks and just 99 cents each. Woo hoo! I use eReaderIQ to keep track of price drops on authors I like. It's pretty helpful. I just have to remember to actually add authors to my list.

The first ebook I got was The Duchess War by Courtney Milan. I read and liked the prequel, The Governess Affair. I thought it was interesting, and I wanted to see where the story was going.

The second ebook I bought was Guilty Pleasures by Kitty Thomas. I like reading dark erotic books. I just find it fascinating, man. Kitty Thomas, who writes in this genre, is an author I've discovered and liked. Books I've read from her: Tender Mercies, Big Sky, and Comfort Food.

What I'm reading this weekend (or at least I plan to)

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - This is the classic I'm tackling at the moment. I've been reading chapters here and there. I'm on page 82 out of 551.

The Cat Who Robbed a Bank by Lilian Jackson Braun - A series I'm working on. I want to start and finish this one over the weekend. I'm trying to do one book a week since they're not long.

The Year of Living Scandalously by Julia London - I haven't started this one yet, but I plan to. This is one of those books I grabbed randomly at a Friends of the Library sale. Luckily, it's the first in the series.

Game For Love by Bella Andre - I'm about 60% of the way through. I wanted a romance with football in it, and this was available to borrow. So far it doesn't seem like football is a big part of it even though the male protagonist is a football player. :(