missreader

Miss Reader

The Cat Who Saw Stars by Lilian Jackson Braun

The Cat Who Saw Stars - Lilian Jackson Braun

Cat Who, Book 21

Another two star review for this week. >.> This book was just boring and not well done.

The writing style seemed off. I'm not quite sure why. One thing I noticed was that there was a lot of rehashing in the beginning. This never really has happened in the other books. Usually if there's a reference to some past events, it's limited to a few sentences and only brought up when needed. It makes me think there was a ghost writer for this? Maybe, maybe not.  Some Amazon reviews bring it up so I'm not alone in thinking this at least.

Lots of weird loose ends like the backpacker's death and the mysterious woman visiting the beach.

The murder that was actually solved had a ho-hum conclusion with a friend hearing the murderer's confession and the friend then telling Qwill about it. I also thought it was too coincidental that the murderer happened to die in a sinkhole.

Polly is gone again on another long trip. She never seems to be around anymore so it makes me wonder if her and Qwill's relationship is ever gonna go anywhere.

Wetherby's cousin finally visits and it was odd. She had an overlong stay at Qwill's and forgot about her family reunion.

At least we got to spend time with Elizabeth and Derek. I'm glad they're gaining some success with their businesses.

Just a really disorganized book. The plot lacked focus. The UFO thing was scattered here and there. I'm thinking this is a turning point for the quality of the series, because I've heard the books after this don't get much better.

Rating: 2 out of 5