missreader

Miss Reader

SPOILER ALERT!

The Cat Who Tailed a Thief by Lilian Jackson Braun - Somebody is obviously stealing stuff

The Cat Who Tailed a Thief - Lilian Jackson Braun

The Cat Who Tailed a Thief (Cat Who #19)

by Lilian Jackson Braun

Wikipedia - Amazon

Source: Bought used book

First published: 1997

Pages: 247

First words: It was a strange winter in Moose County, 400 miles north of everywhere.

Slow start, but what a finish! I did not expect

Polly's sister-in-law to be murdered. How sad! It was so weird how quickly she married that guy too.

(show spoiler)

It was so predictable and obvious who the villains were since they were the new people.

(A new guy in town making big promises about restoration projects? Oh yeah, definitely a scam. And nobody liked his "cousin" Danielle, so she had something to do with it too.)

(show spoiler)

Everything was pointing to them. Also, it's kind of a trend in these books.

The Ice Festival being canceled due to warm weather was funny. Hixie Rice is always coming up with these ideas, but they usually end up failing somehow.

Qwill wrote a column about the naming of pet cats. Somehow this convinces Polly to change her cat's name from Bootsie to Brutus, because Brutus is a more dignified name. Qwill was always against the name Bootsie and made such a big fuss about it. Looks like he got his way after all. :/

I was glad to see more of the weatherman, Wetherby Goode, who likes to use literary quotes in his forecast. He's always mentioned in the other books, but this time you actually meet him and get to learn more about his character. In this book, he's Qwill's next door neighbor when Qwill moves into a condo.

I got mixed up a few times on some of the new side characters, not the obvious baddies but new citizens of Moose County that Qwill interviews. Not a big deal, but it confused me a little bit. Like, who was this person again?

RATING: 3 out of 5