missreader

Miss Reader

SPOILER ALERT!

The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan - Trying to hush a scandal but it's only the beginning

The Governess Affair - Courtney Milan

The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister #0.5)

by Courtney Milan

Author's WebsiteAmazon

Source: Free at Amazon (Still free at the time of this posting)

First published: 2012

Pages: 96

First words: The door to the upstairs library slammed viciously, rattling in its frame.

I liked this. It was quick, but it made me interested in checking out the Brothers Sinister series.

I wasn't really invested in the characters. Like I've said, it was quick. There wasn't enough there for me to strongly connect to Hugo Marshall or Serena Barton. But I was caught by how Hugo wanted to help Serena rather than use force to keep her quiet about her affair with the duke. It showed a good guy side to him that I thought was appealing.

The set-up at the end was what ultimately caught my attention

since you got the duke's legitimate son finding out about the illegitimate son the duke had with the governess. Can't really tell if the sons are friends or what after the fight they had, because things were settled on an indifferent note. They called a truce.

(show spoiler)

I'm definitely interested to see where this is going. I want to see what happens between the brothers.

RATING: 3.5 out of 5