missreader

Miss Reader

The Cat Who Said Cheese by Lilian Jackson Braun: Foooood! Oh yeah and there's a bombing in Pickax. But seriously, foooood!

The Cat Who Said Cheese - Lilian Jackson Braun

The Cat Who Said Cheese (Cat Who #18)

by Lilian Jackson Braun

Source: Bought used book

First published: 1996

Pages: 252

First words: Autumn, in that year of surprises, was particularly delicious in Moose County, 400 miles north of everywhere.

Fooooood! Seriously, this book made me hungry. I craved for some cheese since it was brought up so many times. (Some of my favorite cheeses by the way are swiss, pepper jack, and colby-pepper jack. I haven't tried some of the cheeses mentioned in this book like brie and Gruyere. Maybe someday!)

The new restaurants and stores in Pickax sound cool. I would love to try Lori's new soup place. I was so glad that that Lori and her husband are doing better after their disastrous bed and breakfast at Breakfast Island was ruined.

The mystery was pretty good. I thought the author forgot about the mysterious lady and the bombing since it wasn't mentioned that much in the middle of the book, but it all came together at the end.

I was totally surprised that Iris Cobb's missing cookbook popped up in the story. The last time that cookbook came up was several books ago. Book 10 I think? And this is book 18. It was cool to see that loose end resolved.

I didn't have much problems with Qwill so that was good.

RATING: 3 out of 5

Series progress: 18 out of 29 books so I'm about 62.1% of the way through. Oh yeah. *thumbs up*