missreader

Miss Reader

Reflecting on my reading habits

1. I'm getting pickier about what I read. For instance, I used to download free ebooks all the time from Amazon. Now not so much. Just too many misses than hits for me. It's not a very effective way to find new authors, and life is too short to be wasting time like that.

From now on, I only download freebies if it's from an author I like or an author I've been wanting to try or a book that looks really, really good.

I'm also not actively looking for freebies anymore. The only exception is Project Gutenberg, because I'm interested in finding old romance books. I follow them on Twitter to keep track of new ebooks they have added.

2. I want to start being better about finishing series. I've been good about continuously reading The Cat Who series, a series I've always wanted to finish ever since I read some of it in middle school. This makes me want to finish off other series too. I'm getting tired of waiting too long between books that by the time I pick up the sequel, I have forgotten what happened in the last book.

The only problem with that is actually getting the books in the series. I'll have to see how I tackle that.

3. I did a bit of cleaning up on some of my Booklikes shelves. I decided to delete my DNF (did not finish) books. Most of these books I want to give another shot at reading. I should have just moved them to my 'to read' shelf, but they're not a high priority for me at the moment. I have them on my computer anyway in a .csv file (the one I used to import my books here) so nothing is lost.