missreader

Miss Reader

SPOILER ALERT!

{Review} Rule of Three by Kelly Jamieson - Best friend returns, makes normal, happy couple into hot threesome

Rule of Three - Kelly Jamieson

Rule of Three

by Kelly Jamieson

Source: I got it free from Samhain when they had this special coupon you could use to redeem for one book up to a certain price. Of course, I tried to pick something long. :P

First published: 2012

Pages: 256

First Words: "In the shower?" Kassidy looped her arms around Chris's neck and gave him a sexy look up through her eyelashes. "That's where you want to have sex for the first time in our new home?"

I liked seeing the threesome evolve from strictly male-female sexual interaction to then including man on man action. That's always fun.

I wish it focused more on Dag and Chris's relationship, especially from Chris's side. You don't get much of Chris's view. Most of the story surrounded Kassidy. A lot of time was spent on Kassidy being annoyed by her good girl status and having some family troubles. Those parts were important and gave some good background on her, but it hogged a lot pages. I found Dag's hidden feelings for Chris to be more compelling.

I guess Kassidy and Chris are supposed to be presented as the perfect, normal couple with perfect, normal lives and jobs, but I have to say that them having steady jobs hit a sore spot for me, because of personal reasons (*cough* unemployed). Especially since Kassidy works in human resources, and Chris fires some people due to financial reasons. I can't help it that it rubbed me the wrong way.

The characters talk about politics at one point like whether businesses should be bailed out and stuff like that. It gave a little insight on the characters, but yeah... stuff like this, particularly about the economy and jobs, is a turn off, especially when these characters are rich or extremely well off. Sorry. :( Again, it's sore spot. I can't help it.

Sex scenes were hot but kind of fizzled out in the end for me when Dag and Chris finally get sexually comfortable with each other. It was still hot, don't get me wrong, but the writing didn't have enough sexiness or sensuality to it. I mean, these two guys are finally getting it on after holding back feelings (Dag) or finally coming to terms that he's attracted to men (Chris). It should have been sizzling!

I liked how this book looked at the complications of being in an unusual relationship such as a threesome. Lots of good questions were brought up in the end. How do Kassidy, Chris, and Dag feel for each another? Are they all falling in love with each other? Are they going to tell their families and friends? Can they handle this relationship even though it's taboo in our society?

Some of those questions aren't answered in the end. The characters talk about their emotions and understand that they all have feelings for each other. How their families and friends react to it we never see, but I liked how the characters say they're going to stick it through and just take their relationship one step at a time.